Centre Point Hotel, Pratunam
- 5 minutes walk from Platinum Mall & Pratunam Market
- Main entrance is not visible from the main road, but has a back/concealed exit to another main road (fronting Platinum)
- I'd put our average stay at RM100/night, for four nights (no breakfast). Pretty okay considering it's at a central location and all.
- Connecting rooms (sorry, I forgot whether this was Superior or Deluxe)
- Space for 1 and 2 seater-sofa (so useful! Especially if you're on a shopping trip and need a place to shove all your junk on)
- Kitchenette equipped with microwave, fridge, water flask.
- Hair dryer and digital safe
- TV with cable channels
- Full-sized toiletries (that are probably refilled but meh better this than tiny-sized shampoo)
- Friendly service & they will help you weigh your luggage if you fear you're overpacked.
- Exit to main road makes it easily accessible
- The hotel is right opposite a pretty good massage place. We went there almost every night!
- Retro and timed design. Room is fine, I like the feel, but the bathroom's dated. Still okay though!
- Check in or check out might be overcrowded at the small-ish lobby. Perhaps start an option to check-in from the room?
- Limited hotel dining options - but who's complaining when there's street food to be had?
Would I come back again: Yes.
As always, when traveling and staying at someplace new, I like to keep my expectations non-existent so that I can be pleasantly surprised at whatever amenities are available. I find this tip helpful. Hehe.