Saturday, November 8, 2014

Reflections: A Rainy Day

I just got home from cell, after braving through the usual one hour KL-Klang crawl that's typical of a rainy Friday evening. Everyone else was late, so we started late but had good fellowship and great food (bread, spreads and chips for the body and Mark 12:41-44 for the spirit).

I can really say that I truly enjoyed today. It's a normal day like any other, and I still have things on my plate to deal with, but there is so much to be thankful for, and so many little things to relish in. The sound of today's heavy downpour, the smell of the fragrant chicken rice I had for lunch, the soft, cloudy texture of the matcha wafer sandwich I had, the feel of smooth brown paper on my fingers. The relationships that I have with the people in my life, which I must treasure and water daily to maintain it.

Ah, such is the life.

“And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."
-Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment